Note: deadline to apply is May 19, 2019
The State of Wisconsin is building a training and development team to meet the future needs across agencies within our newly developed shared services model.
Division of Personnel Management, responsible for enterprise human resources functions including training and development, is recruiting to fill two Training and Development Specialist, Senior vacancies located at the Department of Health Services (DHS) and Hill Farms State Office Building with potential vacancies in other locations in the Madison area in future.
Click THIS VIDEO to learn more about working for the State of Wisconsin!
For more information about the selection process, see our General Information Page
These positions are responsible for the development and delivery of training for staff. Training topics may include areas such as team building, conflict resolution, and other soft skills. In addition, these positions will be conducting training needs assessments, determining training needs, developing curriculum, consulting with leadership and management, and coordinating training.
For a complete position description, click here for the DHS position, and here for the Hill Farms position.
Special Notes: A criminal background check will be conducted prior to selection. Depending on assigned work location, new hires may be subject to fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
Qualifications: Minimally qualified applicants will have:
• Experience in creating and delivering training sessions geared towards adult learners
• Experience in providing training related to team building, conflict resolution, business strategy, or other general soft skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Well qualified applicants will have:
• Experience using common curriculum design methodologies (ADDIE, Merrill’s Principles of Instruction, or other models)
• Experience in designing, conducting, and evaluating training needs assessments
• Experience in providing consultation services to leadership and management
• Experience in designing and developing training content to meet a variety of development needs, utilizing multiple modalities (podcast, webinar, or other technology-based delivery method)
• Experience in designing and delivering training for leadership development
Click here for more information or to apply