The Education Specialist is the main point of contact for learning needs for Monona Bank. This position works closely with the Leadership Team to ensure quality, relevant and effective training. This position is expected to help set high level learning strategies and perform regular needs assessments to establish curriculum plans.
The mission of Monona Bank is to create extraordinary banking experiences where everyone prospers. To reach that goal, our associates continually strive to ensure every interaction with our clients and co-workers exceeds their expectations. We take time to understand client needs and believe that when we fully commit our experience and resources to our work, we can positively impact the prosperity of our clients, communities, associates and shareholders.
Primary Job Duties:
· This individual will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of individual and/or group training programs including items such as new associate orientations, process changes, communication of system updates, soft skills training and general computer software training including Microsoft Office products.
· Creates necessary training materials including workflows, procedures, power points and other applicable handouts by utilizing subject matter experts or software documentation.
· Establish and lead cross-functional teams, as appropriate, to participate in the development and design of training programs.
· Trains/assists assigned instructors and subject matter experts in effective techniques for training such as on-the-job training, sales techniques, management development and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures and systems.
· Formulates training policies and schedules, based on knowledge of identified needs, company processes, business systems or changes in product, procedure or services
· Maintains accurate and complete records of training classes, attendance and other relevant information to document and facilitate review of in-house and outside training activities
· Evaluates effectiveness of training programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to review or recommend changes in objectives and methods
· Provide opportunities for growth, career development and maximize associate retention.
· Responsible for the BVS course maintenance, reporting and compliance while working with leadership on the appropriate courses.
· Oversee relationship with vendors to ensure appropriate associate participation in outside training programs.
· Locate training offerings for those topics that cannot be completed internally
· Attend training and development workshops to keep abreast of new developments in the training field
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Minimum of 4 years of training and development experience in adult education.(Financial background preferred)
· Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise of training and instructional design methodology, included blended learning approaches; high-level technical competence and deep knowledge of training technologies.
· Strong technical skills in Microsoft office and bank related systems.
· Critical thinking skills able to think through business problems and determine whether training is an appropriate remedy, and if so, how best to contribute.
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills and presentation skills.
· A strong service orientation and a high degree of personal accountability.
· Ability to manage long-range and sometimes complex projects while maintaining deadlines and staying within budget.
· Valid driver’s license with the ability to travel to all bank locations.
Benefits of Working at Monona Bank:
· Competitive compensation
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· 401K match
· Paid Time Off
· Special Banking Offers and Discounts
· A fun environment to learn and grow
*Some benefits may be subject to a plan waiting period*
Monona Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits to our associates.
Applicants should respond directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 608-310-1261.